Wednesday, September 7, 2022

What a Find Dimensions Hope Ornament Cardinal

 Hi,

My sister and her husband and my husband and I went on a trip to the Finger Lakes for Labor Day weekend.  We were looking for a place for breakfast in Bath NY. On the restaurant window was an advertisement for a Church rummage sale. We went to check it our and a bag was for a dollar. I found three card games, a whole bunch of aida scraps, a few aida pieces and some waste canvas. 

When I looked through the pile of aida some had stitched 99% of this pattern (needed the beak finished and the French knot for the eye). I finished stitching yesterday (6 Sept 2022) and FFO'ed it today. I also used Vonna Pfeiffer's tutorial on making your own labels for the back. I made a label with the abbreviated tale above. 


What a find. Glad I was able to rescue!

Til next time 

Sue in DE

2 comments:

  1. Great find and even better that you could rescue the little guy. He will have a special place on your tree and give you a special memory of your trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, Thank you so much for the kind comment. It will be a special memory for me.

      Delete